Thursday, March 23, 2017

Observation

I have been able to observe different patients throughout my time at Sports Care. One patient in particular caught my interest, because I was not aware that such a patient would attend physical therapy. The patient came to physical therapy after overcoming cancer. The patient was weak from the therapy and the sickness itself, so he began physical therapy to try and regain his strength and energy. When the patient first came in, he was always tired and needed to take constant breaks in between exercises. After only about 2 months of therapy, a visible difference in his performance has been made. It is an incredible thing to watch and see people progress with their strength and ability. I have closely been able to watch him each week, and the change within his energy and strength has drastically improved. He takes less to no breaks, and is able to complete his exercises at a faster pace. It truly amazes me how physical therapy can affect a person's life in the best way possible. I was also able to learn that physical therapy is more than just helping people who have had injuries or surgeries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment